Life Changing Events Extend Your Access to Coverage.
To secure coverage outside of the Open Enrollment period, you must experience a qualifying event (shown below) to be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period. The application window typically lasts for 60 days from the date of the event. Always update your Marketplace account when changes occur. Applications for Medicaid and Children’s Health Choice are accepted year-round.
Did you or anyone in your household lose health coverage in the last 60 days OR do you expect to lose it in the next 60 days**?
**Voluntarily dropping coverage is not a qualifying event
Did you or anyone in your household experience any of the following in the past 60 days?
Change in Household Size
- Got married
- Had a baby
- Got divorced and lost health insurance
- Adopted a child or had a child placed with you for foster care
Change in Circumstances
- Moved outside your health plan’s coverage area
- Had a change in income
Change in Status
- Gained citizenship or lawful presence in the U.S.
- Released from incarceration (prison or detention)
- Covers the tough stuff: exceptional circumstances, enrollment errors, system errors, etc.
Find out more.
Are you a member of a federally recognized tribe, or an Alaska Native corporation shareholder?
If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.